Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Repurposed Treasures


My community is great. When I asked for plant pots, plant pots rained down on me. It shows how much people hate to put something perfectly good in the recycling. They hold onto things hoping someone else might need it someday. 


Twice per year there is a free swap in my village, where people bring all their unwanted clothes and household items and load up on what they want. This year, I didn't need much in particular. I waited for the first waves of people to diminish and went picking through the left overs.


I am always on the lookout for small plates to put under plant pots, but this year I found myself inspired to turn new items into planters. Here are some photos of the treasures I found and turned into life-supporting vessels. My favourite is the wooden shoe!













Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment